Date: August 13, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Gray Library, Gray, Maine
Nancy Mason led the meeting of about 17 attendees, (according to the registration book.)
There were two new people: Ellen Ballou of Bath and Pam Smith from North Yarmouth.
Lorraine Jones reported the following financial activity:
- June balance of $146.00
- Expenditure of $ 20.00 for a book on antiques for the library.
- July income of $ 33.00
- Balance now of $ 159.00
We broke up into four groups for tutoring by:
- Nancy Mason on Ancestry.com
- Wayne Mitchell on Basics of online research
- Don Taylor on FTDNA
- Les Larrabee on GEDMATCH
The breakout group activity was very successful and will be offered again next month.
DNA kits will be available from Nancy Mason for $69.00.
- MGS 40th conference will be held on Sept. 17, 2016; 9:15 to 4:30 at Jeff’s Catering in Brewer; $55.00 for members,- includes lunch. Judy Russell will present the Legal Rights and Responsibilities of Genealogy; Robert Parent will speak on Bringing to Life Dead Ancestors.
- There will be a Family Tree DNA conference November 11, 12, and 13, 2016 in Houston, TX.
Meeting adjourned at 12:00.
Next meeting: September 10, 2016, same time (10:00!), same place.
Respectfully submitted by Liz Johnson and probably corrected by everyone in the group — feel free!